
“I found the perfect guy”
The first time I saw him was at a summertime birthday party in Malibu. I had been there for only a few minutes when I noticed him seated across the rectangular pool. He was tan & wore loud trunks & tortoiseshell sunglasses – I was instantly attracted to him but too shy to approach. I left without saying anything.
A few nights later, I joined my friends at the usual spot. A moment after we had been seated for dinner, I noticed him there at the restaurant, just a few feet away. I couldn’t believe it was him! Later that night, he came over to introduce himself. I was so nervous meeting him, but I tried to hide it.
He asked me out that night, and from that point on, we were almost never apart. The first few weeks flew by. We could stay up all night talking. He was kind & funny. The more I got to know him, the more I liked him. Unfortunately I didn’t have the best history with relationships. I haven’t always made the best choice, so I’ve been badly hurt as a result. And as we got closer, I had come to expect the worst. Instead of focusing on all of his amazing qualities, slowly I grew more & more curious about his flaws. No one had ever treated me so well, & as awful as it sounded, I wanted to know what was wrong with him.
One night, we decided to take a walk at the beach. As we walked through the cold sand, the beach lit only by the dim moon & the flashlight that I held, I started looking for shells. Every few steps, I would stop to pick one up, but everyone I found was broken or had holes in it – So I’d throw it back. By the time we left the beach, I still hadn’t found a flawless shell.
The next night I went out with my friends and had plans to meet up with him later. We were sitting around a table when he arrived. He kissed me and told me he had something for me. He searched into his pocket and held out his hand – in his palm was a perfect white shell. He smiled and said he had found it for me that morning. I felt my heart melt. It was at that moment I knew it was time to stop searching for flaws and missing pieces – I had someone in front of me who’d been perfect all along :)
By: Lauren Conrad (L.A Candy)
Though I’d wished that it’ll happen to me, that’s if my heart allows (: Having crushes are normal but the thing about having crushes you’ll get crushed. I do agree with LC either do I make the best choices instead I took what’s left of the choices I had & not what’s best for me. I’d always take the other party’s feeling into consideration. When I love someone I’d love them wholeheartedly & sincerely. Everyone has their flaws it’s just a matter how you see them, seeing an imperfect person as a perfect person worthy in your eyes (:
*I’ll update things that I crave for in the next post. Stay tuned folks :D
saffy